G.E Robinson Reserve Update - December 2018
G.E. Robinson Reserve Update - December 2018
The feedback process for the G.E. Robinson Reserve Pavilion Upgrade Proposal has now closed. We’d like to thank the community for taking the time to provide Council with feedback. It was a delight meeting members of the community at G.E. Robinson Reserve and hearing your thoughts on the proposal. We received over 20 submissions from community members.
Following community consultation Council will now analyse and consider all community feedback. Further updates will be communicated through the Your Say Project page.
What is being proposed
The Tennis Pavilion was built in 1935 and due to its age there is currently sagging and the facility is in need of structural works, to make sure it is accessible and can serve the community into the future.
The main elements of the proposed upgrade are:
- Restumping and recladding of the building
- Upgrade of the amenities (toilets)
- Removal of the unused brick toilet block (the separate brown brick structure that sits behind the pavilion)
- Installation of a retaining wall between the courts and the pavilion
- Addition of a larger club room that can also be used as a community space